If you have a How to Create a Gmail Account for Your Child 13 who wants their own email address, you can set up a Gmail account for them easily. Gmail is a free email service from Google, which can be accessed from any web browser, smartphone, or tablet. Your child will be able to keep in touch with family and friends easily with Gmail.
If you want to set up a Gmail account for your child, you’ll need to download the Family Link app. This app offers parental controls, which lets parents decide on the parameters for the account.
While Gmail accounts for kids under 13 have a lot of the same features as adult accounts, there are some key differences that offer more protection.
example, kids won’t see any ads, they won’t receive spam emails, they can’t automatically forward emails to another email address, they can’t use Google+ features, and they can’t turn on experimental Gmail features. Additionally, kids also can’t give another person access to their email account.
How to create a Gmail account for a child under 13
- Download the Family Link app.
- Open the app, and in the top right corner of the scree, tape Create or +.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to create your child’s account.
- Once the account is set up, a confirmation will appear on the screen.
How to check your child’s email from your account
- Go to your Gmail account and tap Settings at the top of the inbox.
- Tap the Accounts and Import tab.
- Next to the Check mail from other accounts option, tap Add a mail account.
- Enter your child’s email address and password to import.
How to block email address from emailing your child
- Open the email you want to block.
- In the top right of the email, tap More.
- Tap Block [sender]
- If you block someone by mistake or change your mind, you can follow the same steps to unblock them.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.