Table of Contents
The best way to fix a GIF that isn’t working on Instagram is to update the Instagram app from the Google Play Store. For this, open Google Play Store and search for the Instagram application. From the search results, you will need to click on the “Update” button in order to start updating the application. After the update is completed, click on the “Open” button to launch the app and check to see if the issue has been fixed.
So that it can access the hardware and the privacy feature, you need to grant permission to the Instagram application. In order to grant permission, go to Settings > Apps and Permissions. From the App manager list, click on Instagram and clear its cache from the Internal Storage.
Next, click on “Permissions” and then enable all the switches by swiping to the right. If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the application from the Google Play Store.
Why Is the GIF Not Working on Instagram?
There are the reasons below if you see the GIF is not working,
Related Post: How To Disable DM On Instagram
The app is not Updated:
If you’re experiencing issues sending GIFs on Instagram, it might be because you’re using an older, out-of-date version. Outdated versions of Instagram don’t have as many features as the new ones, and over time they start to experience more glitches.
If you haven’t updated the Instagram app to its latest version, you won’t be able to send GIFs in DMs. To get the new feature, update Instagram from the Google Play Store or App Store. If an issue arises with Instagram, you can report it and wait for a response to resolve the issue.
How To Fix If GIF Not Working On Instagram?
There are the following methods if you see the GIF is not working,
Update The App:
The main reason that GIFs aren’t working on Instagram is that you’re using an outdated version of the app. Make sure you’re using the most recent version of Instagram to avoid any crashing or glitches.
The latest version of Instagram doesn’t enable all the latest features unless you update it. Newer versions usually carry new features and aim to fix all security issues and bugs from the previous version. Thus, update it from Google Play Store.
Here are the steps you need to follow to update the application.
Steps To Follow:
- You need to open the Google Play Store app.
- Then search for the app Instagram on the search bar.
- From the search results, click on the green Update button next to the Instagram application.
- It will start to get updated. You need to wait till the update is completed and it will get installed automatically.
Have To Allow All Permissions for Instagram:
In order to use all of the features that Instagram has to offer; you’ll need to give it permission to access everything it needs. If you don’t allow the app to have access to certain hardware or privacy settings, some features may not work.
Last night my wife and Instagram requires you to grant it permission to access your device’s camera, location, microphone, contacts, etc. When you’re using the Instagram application to send GIFs, you need to ensure that you’ve granted the app the required permission so that it can run smoothly.
Steps To Follow:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Next, scroll down the list to find the option Applications and Permissions.
- Then you need to click on App manager.
- Next, you’ll be able to see the list of applications you’ve on your device.
- Scroll down the list of apps to find Instagram and then click on it.
- Click on Internal Storage and then click on Clear Cache.
- Come back to the previous page.
- Click on
- You’ll need to swipe all the switches to the right to turn them on.
- After you allow the Instagram app the needed access, restart your phone. Open the app to check whether the problem is gone.
Uninstall & Reinstall App:
If the above two methods don’t work, you’ll need to use the reinstalling method to fix this issue. Often the Instagram application faces minor crashes or glitches. You’ll need to fix it by reinstalling the application. But to do that, you have to first uninstall the Instagram application from your device and then again from the App Store or Google Play Store to install the application.
Look down below to find the required steps you need to use to perform this method:
Steps To Follow:
- Uninstall the Instagram application by heading to the app menu. Click and hold the application to get a few options. From those options, click on Uninstall.
- Next, you’ll need to head on to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Instagram application.
- Then from the search results, click on the Install button next to the Instagram application to install it.
- After the installation is done, you’ll need to open it and grant the application with all the required permissions too.
Video on How to Fix if GIF Not Working on Instagram:
Report Issue to Instagram:
Instagram will have to report the application to the Help Center to know how to fix it. The Instagram application usually takes 24 hours to review the issue or the situation you’re facing and they’ll get back to you with a solution or an answer to the problem.
Steps To Follow:
- Open the Instagram application and log into your account.
- Before you start with the process, take a screenshot of the issue you’re facing i.e the GIFs aren’t working on the Instagram app.
- Next, from the homepage of Instagram, you need to click on the profile picture icon.
- Then click on the three lines icon that’s at the top of the profile page.
- You’ll need to click on
- Next, click on
- You’ll get a set of options. Go for the first one by clicking on the Report a Problem.
- Next click on the blue Report a Problem option.
- On the next page, please state your issue in a clear and understandable manner. Choose your words wisely so that it sounds polite and at last request them to provide you with a solution to the issue.
- Click on Gallery and then attach the screenshot of the issue that you’ve just taken and tab on Submit.
There are ways to solve the problem of GIFs not working on Instagram. It usually happens when you refuse to give the Instagram application permission to use your hardware or privacy settings. Even if you’re using an old version of the app, you need to update it to fix the GIF issue.