Some Outlook users can’t send or receive emails, and when they try,Fix 0x800ccc92 Outlook error the right way. In this article, we’ll help you fix this problem.
Resolve 0x800ccc92 Outlook error the right way
If you’re seeing the 0x800ccc92 error code in Microsoft Outlook, try these solutions.
- Check your username and password
- Check Server Settings
- Log out from other devices
- Remove and Readd your account
- Repair Outlook
- Reset Network Protocols
1] Check your username and password
First up, ensure your username and password are correct. You need to enter the correct username and password to login. If successful, it should login. If not, there may be an error – please check the later solutions to resolve it.
Related Post: update Microsoft Outlook on Windows Mac Android iPhone
2] Check Server Settings
The next thing we need to do is check the Server Settings, as any sort of misconfiguration in it can cause trouble. We’ll take a look at the settings of the server and see if anything needs to be changed.
- Open Outlook.
- Click on File.
- Go to Info, click Account Settings, and select Server Settings.
- Check the following settings.
Incoming Mail Settings
- User Name: Your email address
- Password: You use to log in to your webmail
- Server: imap.gmail.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption: TLS/SSL
- Secure Password Authentication (SPA): No
Outgoing Mail Settings
- Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 587
- Encryption: SSL/TLS
- Secure authentication of passwords: No
- Outgoing server authentication: Yes, use the same settings as your incoming server.
If any of the settings are incorrect, please alter them and then save the modifications. Hopefully, this will fix the problem.
3] Log out from other devices
If you are having trouble logging in on one device, try logging out on all other devices for a while. This is not a permanent solution, as you can still login on multiple devices at one time, but it may help in some cases. If this does not work, try the next solution.
4] Remove and Readd your account
Next, we’re going to remove and re-add your account. This will hopefully fix any glitches you’re facing. To remove the account, just go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, select the account you want to remove, and click Remove. Now, add that account back to Outlook and see if the issue persists.
5] Repair Outlook
If you see the error code in question, it may be because Outlook is corrupted. To repair the app, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Win+I or by finding it in the Start Menu.
- In the Settings window, go to Apps > Apps & features.
- Scroll through the list of apps and features until you find the Office Product you want to repair. Select it and then click the “Repair” button.
- When you select an application, you will see a “Modify” option. Click on it to change the settings.
- Next page: pleaseOn the next page, please select the radio button next to the “Repair” button and then hit “Continue.”
Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to repair Outlook. This should resolve the issue if it was caused by corruption in the Outlook app.
6] Reset Network
The problem may be nothing more than a glitch. This glitch is usually in the network protocols. To fix it, we are going to release and renew IP, reset Winsock, flush DNS and check if it works. To do that, open Command Prompt and run the following commands.
How do I fix 0X800CCC0E?
Outlook error 0x800CCC0E is an error that appears while sending or receiving email messages on Outlook or Outlook Express. There are various solutions that you can try to fix this problem. We would recommend you check the solutions mentioned in our article to resolve the issue.
How do I fix an error in Outlook?
Outlook error 0x800CCC0E is an SMTP protocol error that appears while sending or receiving email messages. There are various solutions that you can try to fix this problem, which are detailed in our article.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.