The Address Book in Microsoft Word lets you pull contact information directly from your mail client’s contacts list. You don’t need to launch Outlook for it! You can add Outlook contacts to the Address Book in Microsoft Word without having to export or import them. The option when configured saves you a great deal of time. In this post, we show you how to import Contacts from Outlook to Word. Using this method, you can easily sync Outlook Contacts with Address Book.
How to copy Outlook Contacts into a Word document
Related Post: How to snooze an email in Outlook.com to get a reminder
The best part of using this option is that you don’t even need to launch Outlook because the Word application pulls the contact information directly from the mail client’s contacts list. So, you can add contacts to your documents quickly. Moreover, you can add the Address Book command to the Quick Access Toolbar to access it with a single mouse click.
- Open the Microsoft Word application.
- Choose a blank document.
- Click Customize Quick Access Toolbar drop-down menu.
- Select More Commands.
- Choose Quick Access Toolbar from the sidebar.
- Under Choose Commands From the drop-down menu, select Commands Not in the Ribbon.
- Select the Address Book and hit Add.
- Click OK.
- Click the Address Book icon, adjacent to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar drop-down menu.
- Choose the contact to add.
- Click the OK.
Let’s cover the above steps in a bit more detail!
Open the quick access toolbar customization menu by clicking the drop-down arrow on the right side of the toolbar.
- Next, Select More Commands from the list of options displayed.
- Thereafter, go to the Quick Access Toolbar option in the sidebar.
- In the right pane, under Choose Commands From the drop-down menu, select Commands Not in the Ribbon
- Select Address Book and hit the Add
- Click Ok, when done.
The Address Book icon should be added next to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar drop-down menu in your Microsoft Word document.
- Choose the Contact you would like to add from the address book.
- Hit the OKbutton at the end.