Table of Contents
- How do I set up the Outlook app on my Android smartphone?
- How to listen to emails in Outlook app for Android
- 1] Open Outlook for Android
- 2] Select the Home button
- 3] Navigate to Settings
- 4] Go to Play My Emails
- 5] Choose which email accounts to scan for new mails
- 6] Automatically play your emails
- 7] Read out individual emails
- Is there a play my email app for Android?
- What does playing my emails in Outlook mean?
How to listen to emails in Outlook app for Android “read aloud” feature makes it possible for users to listen to their emails instead of reading them. This is a great feature, especially for those suffering from physical disabilities. The feature can be found in the latest version of Outlook for Android, so ensure you’re well updated.
How do I set up the Outlook app on my Android smartphone?
- Use the Google Play Store app to open the app.
- Search for something in the top search box.
- From there, open Microsoft Outlook.
- Tap the “Install” button from within Google Play.
- Open Outlook and tap Get Started.
- What is your Microsoft Outlook email address
- Enter the password for your Outlook account and then select the “Sign in” option.
How to listen to emails in Outlook app for Android
To have Outlook read your emails aloud on Android, follow the procedure laid down in this post.
- Open Outlook for Android
- Select the Home button
- Navigate to Settings
- Go to Play My Emails
- Choose which email accounts to scan for new mails
- Automatically play your emails
- Readout individual emails
1] Open Outlook for Android
To start, simply launch Outlook for Android by tapping on the icon on your home screen.
You must now choose the home button, which is located at the top-left corner of the screen.
Now, to move forward, tap on the Settings button at the bottom. It comes in the form of a gear icon, so it is impossible to overlook.
4] Go to Play My Emails
Swipe down with your finger until you see “Play My Emails” under “Organize Email by Thread.”
5] Choose which email accounts to scan for new mails
In the “My Emails” section of the view, you will see an “Accounts” section with a list of your email addresses. You can select the ones you want by toggling the button next to them.
6] Automatically play your emails
Next, navigate to Car and Steering Wheel controls. Here, you can enable automatic reading of your emails whenever the phone is connected to your car.
7] Read out individual emails
To hear your emails read out loud, go to Outlook for Android’s main section and tap on one of your emails. From there, select the three-dotted button at the top-right, then tap on Play Conversation.
Is there a play my email app for Android?
As far as we can tell, a dedicated “play my email” app does not exist for Android. However, this should not be a problem, as the Outlook for Android app from Microsoft includes this feature. Therefore, there is no need for a separate “play my email” app.
What does playing my emails in Outlook mean?
WeIt means that you, the user, can have your emails play aloud. This feature is not important for everyone, but for those who will benefit, we recommend using a Bluetooth earphone for the best experience.