Most applications you install on Windows 10 are located in C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files, or C:\Program Files (x86) \Microsoft Office\ – if it’s an Office application. The location of these files can vary depending on where you installed them. Recently, we received a question asking – where is the Outlook.exe file located on Windows 10?
Where is Outlook.exe located on Windows 10?
If you can’t find it, it’s probably best to search the Start menu. If you want the location right away, Outlook.exe is located at:
Related Article: Outlook keeps asking for password when connecting to Office 365
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office19
“The value ‘Office19’ will depend on your version of Office software,” you can find other Office applications at the same location. “Now as the location may change depending on the office version, so here is easy to find it:”
- Type Outlook in the Start menu, and let it appear in the search result
- Right-click on the listing, and select Open File Location
- This will take you to a location where a shortcut to the original outlook will be listed
- Right-click on it, and select Properties.
- Under the Shortcut tab, click on the Open File Location button
- It will open the location for Outlook.exe in File Explorer.
Since I am using Office 365, the folder is named Office16. If you are using an earlier version, this can change.
If you can find Outlook.exe at this location, but you do not see it appear in the Start menu, we suggest you repair Office using the official tool. This will fix any shortcut or registry issue you are facing while trying to find the Microsoft Office Outlook program executable file.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.