Configure Windows SMTP Service, When you use emails for the purposes of marketing and communication, it’s important to have a reliable Windows SMTP service. This is because email has become both an enterprise’s primary mode of communication with their clients and employees as well as one that much depends on such communications – in order to keep up appearances when communicating with stakeholders or partners; ensure delivery by avoiding spam folders; send mass emails quickly without having any lag time between each message being sent.
Related Article: Top 10 malware removal tips
There are a few providers that offer SMTP service for free as well as subscriptions of varying costs. The list includes Google’s servers, Mailgun, and Mailjet among others. To use the server you have to configure it on your system which we’ll take an in-depth look at now with Windows Server specifically.
Features of a Windows SMTP Service
Configure Windows SMTP Service, If you want to get your email through, make sure that the SMTP server of choice is monitored. Otherwise it may be rejected by spam filters even if they are legitimate messages. A reliable and professional SMTP service will make sure that your emails are delivered, unlike some other services.
Uses Reliable IPs: Your business needs to maintain a constant contact with all major email providers in order for your emails to reach the inbox. It’s important not only because it saves you time, but also increases customer satisfaction.
Quick Deliverability of Emails: A dedicated SMTP can provide you with a quicker email delivery especially if it does not fall into overload issues. This will greatly enhance the velocity of your mailing and make sure that people receive all their important messages in a short time.
Tracking Messages: The tracking software is a crucial aspect of the email marketing process, as it provides you with information about your mailing. You should use an SMTP service that also has accurate and reliable tracking capabilities in order to effectively measure your campaign’s success.
Flexible Access: No matter where you are in the world, your work should always be accessible. This is why we ensure that our system can seamlessly adjust to different browsers and platforms so that no one has an excuse for not completing their projects on time.
Installing SMTP Service on Windows Server
Installing a windows SMTP relay is a breeze. You just have to open the Server Manager and initiate the installation process for this in-built feature of the server. This is how it works:
- Open the Server Manager dashboard
- Go to Add Roles and Features on the dashboard
- When the wizard opens, tick the “SMTP Server” checkbox and select all of your desired features.
- On the Select Server Roles page, make sure to select the Web Server (IIS) role is an essential part of the installation process.
- Installing the IIS SMTP service means installing a management console to control it, and you’ll have several prompts for other components while installation.
- Ignoring the options suggested concerning Web Server (IIS), you can start installation.
- Restart the server once the installation of the components is completed.
How to Configure SMTP Service on Windows Server?
The Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager 6 console is the tool used for configuring and managing SMTP servers windows. Follow these steps to configure the service:
- You’ll need to open up the Server Manager and navigate your way to the Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manager in order for you to take the first step.
- A window will open and in that window, you will expand the list under your server name. Under “SMTP Virtual Server”, right-click to view its properties.
- In the properties window, you can select which IP address to have your SMTP server respond to.
- Tick the Enable Logging checkbox to save emails received and all other information.
- Now, click the Access tab and enable anonymous access in the Authentication window.
- Now it’s time to configure the connection settings. We’ll just add our IP addresses so people can start sending emails through this server.
- After that, Going to the Message tab allows you to specify the recipient of messages about Non-Delivery Reports. You can also set limits on things like message size, number of emails sent in a session and recipients all at once.
- When you’re ready to send an email, select the Outbound Security tab and choose what type of authentication will be used over your external mail server.
- After performing these steps, click on the Advanced Settings page and add the FQDN name. Make sure you enter your domain name correctly and press the “check DNS” button to verify whether it is valid or not.
- Enter the name in the Smart host field of the external SMTP server.
- Finally, go ahead and save the changes you just made. Now that we’re all good to go, it’s time for a quick reboot before anything else
Windows SMTP server is a great tool for businesses to use. Not only does it make the process of sending email easier, but you can also configure its settings so that your business doesn’t have any problems with spam or junk mail filters getting in the way.