Wondershare PDFelement: An unbiased review of version 8 of the PDF Editor, affordable and versatile PDF tool for creating, editing and converting PDF files. It offers all the features you need to create and manage PDF files, including viewing, editing, and converting text, images, and documents. It is also easy to use and can be used with a range of platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. If you are looking for an affordable and easy to use PDF tool, PDF element 8 is a great option.
Version 8 of PDFelement is the latest and most advanced version from Wondershare PDFelement. With improved editing and performance, Version 8 is perfect for users who want a smoother experience when working with PDFs. Let’s see how the biggest changes in the latest version affect users.
The best feature introduction in PDFelement 8 is the cloud storage function. The desktop software is directly integrated with Wondershare Document Cloud, which is both a cloud storage service and an electronic signature platform. Registered users on a paid plan will receive 100GB of space and the ability to send an unlimited number of documents to multiple signers.
The electronic signature feature allows you to get multiple signatures on the same document or one signature per copy, giving contract teams (legal), HR departments, and Finance departments a great deal of flexibility. Recipients can sign their copy of a document from any device regardless of its operating system, as long as it has a modern browser that can connect to the Internet.
PDFelement 8 was seen to be 300% faster during startup (1s compared to 3s) and can open a document 3x faster (0.5s compared to 1.5s) than PDFelement 7. It also boasts a 50% lower crash rate, and uses only 40MB of boot memory compared to 120MB in the older version.
User interface or UI is more user-friendly and better in terms of ease of navigation. Home page has simple icons indicating different modules and a lot of white space, which highlights the minimalistic and simplified design theme for the entire application.
Navigation is quicker for both editing and commenting. Redundant functions have been merged into a single button and the interface more closely resembled a typical Windows application than the prior version.
Redesign and improve the user interface of PDFelement 8. The new icons accurately represent the function they perform, and the color scheme has been changed to look more attractive and easy on the eyes.
Overall, we think PDFelement 8 has been improved in a lot of ways – the speed and performance enhancements, the appealing UI changes, and the additional features are all clearly focused on what customers have been asking for. Plus, the affordable price makes it a great value for your money.
Wondershare PDFelement 8 Review
Related post: Best PDF Editor software for editing PDF Files
The software offers its primary features upfront, including—Open Files, Combine PDF, Optimize PDF, OCR PDF, Convert PDF, Create PDF, and Batch PDF File operations. The last process in the list offers a lot of features when it comes to combining PDF files. We will talk about it in the end.
PDFelement 8 Features
PDFelement 8 is a PDF creator and editor that offers features that can compete with Adobe Acrobat. Individuals and businesses can consider it to reduce the cost.
- Existing PDF can be used to Markup and then print them.
- PDF files can be completely edited
- Convert PDF files into Word or HTML with the file size optimization
- Password protect your PDF files.
- Create PDF documents with form fields, i.e., Form recognition and data extraction
- Digitally sign documents
- Perform OCR analysis on images with text, and scan PDFs
- Multiple PDF files can be batch processed and converted. It can also fix simple formatting.
- Supports PDF/A and Redaction
- Create PDF files and add backgrounds, watermarks, headers, and footers
- Supports annotations and comments
- Hundreds of PDF Templates available to get you started.
- Cloud storage feature integrates with Wondershare document cloud.
Compared to the previous version, Wondershare claims that the UI has improved, and comes with a fresh look. Navigation is also quicker and with better icons and placements.
Editing PDF Files
When you open a PDF file, the PDF UI offers a list of menus and tools, which include the following: Comment, Edit, Convert, Tool, View, Form, Protect, and Page. You have the option for Thumbnail view, Bookmarks, Add comments, Add attachment, and Search on the left.
If you are only going to comment or annotate, then the Comment section is more than enough, but if you plan to edit, you need to use the Edit function. That includes adding text, image, link, watermark, background, and more.
When you right-click anywhere, here is the list of men action you get:
- Insert Pages: Insert other PDF pages or entire documents at any point in the document you have open.
- Replace Pages: Completely replace existing pages with other PDF pages or files.
- Extract Pages: Save individual pages or sections of your document as a separate PDF file.
Copy, Paste, or Delete: Reorganize and clean up your PDF doc by copying and pasting individual pages.
- Rotate Pages: Turn pages that might have been scanned at the wrong angle.
- OCR Pages: Perform Optical Character Recognition to pull text out of scanned PDF files.
- Page Labels: Customize labels for your pages.
- Adjoin Pages: Turn all pages into a single image.
Convert, Tool, Form, and Protect. These are the view words for the content in this section. If you wish to operate on a single file, you can use the Convert, Tool, Form, and Protect sections.
Combine PDF Files: Combine PDFs: You can combine multiple PDF files into one single PDF. This is perfect if you have multiple documents that you want to combine into one PDF. You can include pages, actions, and more.
Optimize PDF:Reduce the size of the PDF file
OCR PDF: To use OCR, you need to first scan the document. Once you have the text, you can use the tools to edit or search the text.
Convert PDF: Convert a PDF file into Word, Excel, Images, or other formats.
Create PDF: In this document, you will learn how to create a PDF from text.
Batch PDF File Operations
File encryption software is a powerful tool that can be used to password protect a bunch of files. You can choose Security and then set up a password to open, permission, print, and restrict changes. Additionally, you can add a watermark, set numbering, perform OCR, extract data, optimize, and create PDF.
Choosing a PDF Editor
PDF Editors are important because they allow you to edit, convert, secure, compress, and more from a PDF file. Most of these features are paid for on professional software, so it is best to invest in one such software and use it for the best results.
That said, there are other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Suit for editing PDF files, such as Wondershare PDFelement. It is not just an editor, but a complete package.
PDFelement is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. There are two offers right now.
- You can save up to $50 off when you purchase your PDFelement.
- iOS users can get a big discount on their account by using an in-built app store. This will give them ownership of one single account with three platforms at the same time (Windows/Mac/iOS).